Having issues with your toilet and have no idea how to fix it? A lot of the time a toilet problem can be fixed with just a few steps! Here are a few of the top toilet issues: Noisy Toilets, Running Toilets, Clogged Toilets and Inadequate flushing along with step-by-step instructions on how to resolve these issues yourself!
- Restricted water flow.
- Defective ball cock assembly.
- Adjust the shutoff valve first.
- Oil the trip lever or replace the ball cock washers.
- Replace the entire ball cock assembly.
- CAUTION: Be sure and first turn off the water at the fixture shutoff valve. Then flush the toilet to empty the tank and sponge out any remaining water.
- Float arm not rising high enough.
- Water-filled float ball.
- Tank stopper not seating properly.
- Corroded flush valve seal.
- Cracked overflow tube.
- Ball cock valve doesn’t shut off.
- Bend float arm down or away from tank wall.
- Replace ball.
- Adjust stopper guide rod and lift wires or chain. Replace defective stopper.
- Scour valve seat or replace.
- Replace tube or install new flush valve assembly.
- Oil trip lever, replace faulty washers, or install new ball cock assembly.
- Blockage in drain.
- Remove blockage with plunger or closet auger.
- Faulty linkage between handle and trip lever.
- Tank stopper closes before tank empties.
- Leak between tank and bowl.
- Clogged flush passages.
- Tighten setscrew on handle linkage or replace handle.
- Adjust stopper guide rod and lift wires or chain.
- Tighten tank bolts or couplings or replace gasket.
- Clear obstructions from passages with wire.
If these remedies don’t help, visit the scheduling section of our website to schedule a service call, or you may call us at (405)-364-1001 and we will be glad to help with all your plumbing needs!
Be sure to Like us on FaceBook for future plumbing tips!